Microsoft 365 (How to) Changing User Name in Word Desktop Application
The following article will provide steps in how to change your name within the Microsoft Word Desktop Application.
- Open Microsoft Word and open a new document
- Within the new document click on “File” in the upper left corner
- Click more in the bottom left corner and select “Options”
- A Word Options window will appear and default to the General Settings. Under the “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office” you will see an option for User Name:
- Please make any name changes here and click “OK” on the bottom right of the window to ensure those changes are saved.