Microsoft 365 (OneDrive/SharePoint) - Create a file request
With the file request feature in OneDrive or Sharepoint, you can choose a folder where others can upload files using a link that you send them. People you request files from can only upload files; they can't see the content of the folder, edit, delete, or download files, or even see who else has uploaded files.
With a file request:
- Anyone with the file request link can send you a file; they don't need to have OneDrive.
- All the files sent to you are saved in a single folder that you choose.
- Every file will have a prefix to help you identify who uploaded it.
- If two files with the same name are uploaded, OneDrive will automatically add a number to the name of the second file.
- People who respond to your request can only upload files. They can’t view or edit the contents of your OneDrive.
For more information on creating file requests in OneDrive and SharePoint, please see Microsoft's support site article.