Microsoft 365 for Teaching and Learning - How to Use Bookings With Me for Office Hours
Before You Begin
- Canvas can be used to schedule office hours which may or may not suit your needs. For more information see the following:
- Microsoft Bookings With Me is a tool in the Microsoft 365 suite of tools. It is available to all UWM faculty and staff. If you are a student, you will be unable to setup Bookings With Me to allow others to schedule with you.
- To setup Bookings With Me, you must use a special link. Accessing the tool through Microsoft 365 will not work correctly. For more information: M365 Outlook (Information) Bookings with Me
Step 1: Access Bookings With Me
Visit https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/ to access Bookings With Me. Attempting to access Bookings through the Microsoft 365 website or mobile app will not work.
Step 2: Set-Up Your Page and Meetings
Click "Get Started" to follow steps to set-up meeting types, and customize your Bookings page. You will have the option to set-up meeting types that are Public (where anyone can visit your page and schedule a time) or Private (where scheduling is only allowed via a private link).
- Most instructors may wish to use a Private appointment type.
- When setting-up meeting hours, click 'Advanced Options' to set buffers, custom schedules and reminders.
- When an appointment is scheduled, it will appear on both the instructor's and student's Outlook calendar.
For more information: Bookings with me: setup and sharing - Microsoft Support
Step 3: Share Your Bookings Link With Your Students
Click the three-dot 'kebab' menu icon to show options for your Office Hours meeting. Then, click the Share link. A window will appear. Click the Copy icon to grab the link.
With the link, you can add it to your Canvas course in two primary ways:
- Add the link to your Syllabus or other page using the Rich Content Editor.
- Add the link to your courses navigation.
Some people may wish to add their Office Hours link to their signature for clear exposure to your students.
For more information on adding the link to a Canvas page using the Rich Content Editor, see: How do I create hyperlinks to external URLs in the... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)
For more information on adding the link to a Canvas courses navigation, see: Canvas - Using the Redirect Tool and External URL Modules (wisc.edu)
For information on how to edit your Outlook signature on the web, see: Create and add an email signature in Outlook Web App - Microsoft Support
For information on how to edit your Outlook signature using the desktop app, see: Create and add a signature to messages - Microsoft Support