M365 Outlook (How To) Switch Between Old and New Outlook Versions
In early 2023, Microsoft launched a new update for Outlook 2016Â users that changes the Outlook 2016 app to be similar to Outlook on the Web - the layout of this version is very different from the old Outlook 2016 app. You can quickly switch between the two versions.
To Switch to the New Outlook 2016 App
- On the top right corner of your Outlook 2016 app, click the button next to Try the new Outlook.
- A window will pop up. Click the Switch button.
The Outlook 2016 App will close down, and the new Outlook 2016 app will open automatically.
To Switch to the Old Outlook 2016 App
- On the top right corner of the New Outlook 2016 app, click the button next to New Outlook.
- A window to submit feedback to Microsoft will appear. You can either;
- Click an option for why you are switching back to the old Outlook 2016 and leave a comment, then hit Submit, or;
- You can click Skip Feedback.
- Doing either of these will close down the New Outlook 2016 App and revert you to the old version.
Note: The Feedback window in the new Outlook app may sometimes appear blank. If it does, click the X on the top right of the window and it will revert to the old Outlook 2016.