Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - How to Install
Adobe Acrobat DC (sometimes called Acrobat Pro) can be installed on any UWM computer. Acrobat DC is needed to edit PDF files, whereas Acrobat Reader can only open/view PDF files.
Installing Acrobat DC on a UWM computer
Acrobat DC may be installed on any UWM computer, including Windows and macOS computers.
- Install the Creative Cloud application
- On Windows, use Software Center to install the app titled "Creative Cloud"
- On macOS, use Self Service to install the app titled "Adobe Creative Cloud (Faculty/Staff)"
- Sign into Creative Cloud with your UWM account
- Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App
- Sign in using your UWM email address.
- Complete all the sign in steps you are prompted for.
- After signing in, the Creative Cloud app might need to update itself automatically.
- Use the Creative Cloud Desktop App to download and install Acrobat DC
- Run the Creative Cloud Desktop App. The app might need to update itself automatically before opening.
- Under "All Apps" find Acrobat DC and click the Install button. The app installs automatically.
- You can now open Acrobat DC from inside of the Creative Cloud app, or like any other app on your computer.
- (Optional) In Windows you may want to Set Acrobat DC to open PDFs by default
Installing Acrobat DC on a personal computer
This software offering is not available for UWM students, retirees, or sponsored guests.
See the article Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) - How To - Load Creative Cloud on a Personal Machine using UWM License and Credentials