Journal Entry Tool (JET)
JET is a tool used by accountants at UW for entering transactions into accounting journals in a Shared Financial System (SFS). For general information about JET, see: https://www.wisconsin.edu/sfs/documentation-training/gl-general-ledger__trashed/journal-entry-tool-jet/
Download and install JET
This application can only be installed by a computer administrator. Contact IT support for assistance with these steps.
Download the JET user from this link: https://wisdm2.doit.wisc.edu/jet/
Instructions to install
- Download the journalentry.application file using Firefox or Chrome (Edge will block the download altogether).
- Right click the .application file, go to Properties and check the Unblock box, then click Apply
- Run the installer. You will get a message that Windows Defender SmartScreen blocked the install.
- Navigate to the current user's AppData\Local\Apps directory and find a child directory called 2.0
- Copy the 2.0 directory
- Navigate to C:\Program Files and create a new directory called Journal Entry Tool
- Paste the 2.0 directory inside the Journal Entry Tool directory
- Use search to find JournalEntry.exe inside the 2.0 folder
- Repeat step #2 to unblock the JournalEntry.exe file in the same way you unblocked JournalEntry.application.
- Create a shortcut to JournalEntry.exe.
- Move the shortcut to C:\Users\Public\Desktop
- You now have a Journal Entry shortcut on the public desktop. Test it to make sure the app is working. All logged in users on this computer will see the shortcut.