JAMS - Accessing Premiere Pro
The Fall 2020 update of Premiere Pro contained bugs that could prevent it from launching correctly in macOS lab machines. The following workaround will allow users to launch and use the application without issue.
Signing into JAMS computers
Signing in is a two-step process where a user will need to enter their password two times to access the computer.
1. At the Microsoft login screen, please enter your UWM email address eg: email@example.com. Click Next and enter your password.
2. After successfully logging in, you will be presented with another prompt to re-enter your password. After re-entering your password, click Continue.
Launching Premiere Pro 2020
IMPORTANT: You need to sign into the Adobe Creative Cloud application before launching Adobe Premiere or it may not launch properly.
3. Click on the Creative Cloud icon in the macOS menu bar to launch the Adobe CC app.
4. Log in to the Creative Cloud application using your UWM email address and click Continue to enter your password.
5. After successfully logging in the Creative Cloud application will present a message stating "You don't have access to manage apps". This is normal and expected.
6. Launch Adobe Premiere Pro. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner of the menu bar, or press Command-Space bar to bring up spotlight. Start typing "Premiere" and press Return when it appears as a search result to launch the app.
NOTE: If you accidentally launch Premiere before signing into the Creative Cloud app, Premiere may hang and fail to launch. Quit Premiere and go back to Step 3 above.