PAWS – Exporting Class Rosters from the Faculty Center
This article is in relation to exporting class rosters from the Faculty Center
The tool that used to
provide this information was built on a now decommissioned server. We are
currently looking for better, more efficient ways to securely provide this
information. In the meantime, the Class Rosters dashboard in OBIEE does
have email addresses and can be easily exported. Departments can obtain
their own lists via the dashboard.
Requesting OBIEE Access
If a UWM employee needs access to OBIEE, they may request access by completing the following 3 steps:
- Complete the FERPA Quiz.
- Request OBIEE Consumer access through the UWM Data Authorization Request form in BP Logix.
- Under Requested Data System and Group System section click Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE).
- Under Group choose Student Records Consumer.
- Enter your Justification Reason for requesting access.
- Enter your supervisor’s ePantherID (without @uwm.edu) and choose your supervisor.
- Read the Acceptable Use policy and click to agree,
- Click OK to submit your request.
When you are notified from UITS that your access has been confirmed, you can login to OBIEE at https://uwbi.wisconsin.edu.
Note: Off-campus users must connect to the GlobalProtect VPN client before accessing OBIEE, and must be members of a specific AD security group. If you intend to use OBIEE off-campus, please contact email@example.com for more information. For instructions on installing the GlobalProtect VPN client, please consult the following KB article: https://kb.uwm.edu/uwmhd/page.php?id=83286.
Using the Class Roster Dashboard
- Login to OBIEE.
- On the UWBI Landing Page, click on the UW Milwaukee logo.
- In the Student Enrollment Dashboards section, click on the blue link and select Class Roster from the pop-up menu.
- Select the desired fields from the prompts and click the Continue button on the upper-right-hand corner of the page.
Once the class roster is generated, click the Export button and select your preferred file type.
- If you need to change the fields, make your adjustments in the prompts and select Apply to see the new results.