Troubleshooting issues with viewing My Media videos or video quizzes
This guide provides solutions for several issues that may occur which prevent students from accessing My Media videos or video quizzes.
General recommendations for successfully access My Media videos, or video quizzes:
- Use the the following browsers:
- Do not use Safari or Edge
- Ensure that your browser is up-to-date.
- Do not use the "Incognito" window in Chrome or the "Private Browsing" in Firefox.
Browser blocking 3rd party session cookies
If you receive an error that your browser is blocking 3rd party session cookies, as shown in the screenshot, follow the instructions below:
- Visit this website: kaltura.com
- Accept the cookie statement at the top of the page.
- Reload the video in Canvas and he video should no longer be blocked.
Issues accessing video quiz or My Media video on a mobile device (iPhone or iPad)
If you cannot use Chrome or Firefox, see "General recommendations for successfully access My Media videos, or video quizzes" (above), and Safari is the only browser available, ensure that “Prevent cross-site tracking” option is selected in the device settings:
- For Safari for Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/prevent-cross-site-tracking-sfri40732/mac
- Go to Settings
- In the Privacy & Security section, turn off "Block All Cookies"
Blank screen when attempting to access video quiz
If the quiz does not load in the window, and they are using Firefox as their browser, advise them to turn off "Enhanced Tracking Protection" by following these instructions: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop#w_how-to-tell-when-firefox-is-protecting-you