PAWS - Applying for Graduation
This article is in relation to applying for graduation.
Your last year should be planned out as carefully as your first. Each school and college has its own set of graduation requirements related to grade point average, credits, and residency so please contact your academic advisor if you have any questions or concerns related to your graduation.
Completing your degree requirements does not automatically trigger your graduation application. You must notify the Registrar’s Office of your intent to graduate by applying through your PAWS account after you’ve enrolled in your last semester of classes. Students graduating during the spring/summer semester should apply on or before the first Friday in January. Students graduating during the fall/UWinteriM semester should apply on or before the first Friday in September. If you apply late, it may mean that your name will not be on lists of graduating seniors, including the program printed for the commencement ceremony. Follow the steps below to submit your application.
(If you do not see the “Apply for Graduation” link, you are not currently eligible to apply. Please contact your undergraduate academic advisor or your advising office for assistance.)
- Log in to PAWS
- Under the Academics section, select “Apply for Graduation” from the “other academics” drop down and click the arrows
- Under the Submit an Application for Graduation section, you should see another “Apply for Graduation” link. Click that link.
- On the Apply for Graduation page, click on your Academic Program in blue
- Select your graduation term from the Expected Graduation Term drop down menu, then click the CONTINUE button
- Click the Apply for Bachelor’s Degree button
- Complete the Apply for Graduation questionnaire, then click Submit
An email confirmation will be sent to you once your application is received.